- Initiate proactive thought leadership by developing and disseminating position papers on regular basis.
- Review and recommend appropriate organizational structure, staffing and terms of service in order to attract, and retain human talent for achievement of ICIFA long term plans.
- Engage with key stakeholders and regulators to promote ICIFA’s mandate.
- Enhance participation in forums on governance and accountability in the Kenyan Financial Markets.
- Promptly address national and county governance and accountability issues and legislation issues.
- Provide oversight regarding publicity activities of ICIFA.
Governance, Nomination, and Remuneration Committee Members
|FFA Lazarus Kimang’a||Chairman|
|FFA Leah Kagumba||Member/Council Member|
|FFA Dr. Jonah Aiyabei||Member|
|FA Einstein Kihanda||Member/Council Member|
|FA Dr. Nicholas Letting'||Member/Council Member|
|FA Judith Nyakawa||Member/Council Member|
|FFA Job Kihumba||Member|
- Coordinate development, implementation and monitoring of ICIFA’s strategic plan.
- Consider and recommend to the Council strategies for ensuring financial sustainability of ICIFA.
- Formulating & reviewing policies and procedures relating to finance and strategy.
- Develop and manage Institute Investment policy and its implementation.
- To consider ICIFA’s annual budget and to recommend to the Council for approval.
- Monitor ICIFA’s performance and present quarterly performance reports to Council with appropriate recommendations.
- Follow up recommendations from both Internal and external audit.
- To review the draft audited financial statements and make recommendations.
- Monitoring of the administrative issues of the committee based on Key performance indicators (KPI).
Finance & Strategy Committe Members
|FFA Dr. Nicholas Letting'||Chairman|
|FA Judith Nyakawa||Member|
|FA Edwin Njamura||Member|
|FA Nyale Yanga||Member|
|FA Isaac Otolo||Member|
|FA Judith Bonareri||Member|
- Monitor on Council’s behalf the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and controls in line with statutory provisions, policies and by laws.
- Review effectiveness of the processes of corporate governance and affiliations with other bodies.
- Advice and make recommendations on ICIFA’s internal control system for efficiency and review management’s adherence to the internal control systems.
- Continuously review the scope, results and effectiveness of internal Auditor.
- Review the scope, results and effectiveness of external auditor.
- Assess and ensure effectiveness of processes in place for preparation and audit of the annual financial statements.
- Evaluate effectiveness and provide oversight over internal control.
- Evaluate and provide oversight on risk management.
- Review financial performance on management quarterly reports and advise the Council as appropriate.
- To monitor, review and provide recommendation to the Council on the integrity of the Audited financial statement on annual basis.
- To oversee the selection process for a new external auditor and, if the external auditor resigns, to investigate the reasons for the resignation and decide on any action to be taken.
- Advice the Council on the terms of engagement and remuneration with the external auditor.
- To assess at least annually the auditor’s qualifications, experience and resources and the effectiveness of the audit process which shall include a report from the external auditor on its own internal quality procedures to monitor the external auditor’s compliance with applicable legislation and guidance on the rotation of audit partners. To provide guidance to the Council on Auditor rotation at a firm or at Partner level for sustained Audit independence.
- To review and discuss the audited financial statements with ICIFA’s Secretariat; External Auditor and with the Council and to address any issues which arose during the audit.
- Monitor ICIFA’s compliance with external legislation and policies.
- Monitor implementation of internal audit.
- Monitor implementation and recommendations of external audit.
Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Committee Members
|FA Patricia Kiwanuka||Chairperson|
|FA David Kanyi||Member|
|FA Jona Wala||Member|
|FA Joyce Omina||Member|
|FA Isaac Ogutu||Member|
|FA Ken Kiboss||Member|
- To oversee the development and implementation of the annual Continuous Professional Development calendar,
- To oversee the Practitioners development function.
- To plan activities that will see significant growth in membership and CIFA enrollments.
- To undertake a membership needs assessment and recommend to the Council for implementation.
- Coordinate development and implementation of ICIFA training policy.
- To oversee the implementation of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) policies and guidelines.
- To develop marketing and member recruitment and retention plans and strategies.
- To coordinate continual improvement in quality service provision to members including evaluation of member satisfaction levels.
- To profile and evaluate needy students with interest in the finance profession for award of scholarship.
- To develop and implement student mentorship program and advise Council on the same.
- Administer the annual fit and proper membership integrity test.
- To promote linkages with training institutions.
- Periodic review of CIFA syllabus.
- To oversee administration of the ICIFA Benevolent Fund and member welfare activities.
- To oversee the implementation of the Apprenticeship program.
Membership Committee Members
|FA Catherine Karita||Chairperson|
|FA Purity Kagendo||Member|
|FA Samuel Njoroge||Member|
|FA Catherine Theuri||Member|
|FA John Mwangi||Member|
|FA Dr. Solomon Ngahu||Member|
- Advise the Council on development of investment reporting standards for mandatory application in Kenya.
- Coordinate ICIFA’s participation in investment and financial professionals’ standards setting process with stakeholders.
- Oversee development of technical guidelines, templates and frameworks on application of professional investment and financial standards.
- To discuss investment and financial related matters in Kenya and to avail necessary expertise in the formulation of policies.
- To promote good investment and financial practices with a particular focus on public interest entities.
- Ensure members comply with the code of conduct and ethics.
- Review compliance with the Act, Code of Conduct and Ethics, By-Laws and professional standards.
- To be an advisor through the Council to the government on investment and finance policies and professional standards and make policy recommendations on behalf of the Council.
- To promote research in the subject of investments and financial and related matters, and the publication of books, periodicals, journals and articles in connection therewith; (as per the Act)
- Coordinate development and implementation of ICIFA research policy
- Develop and recommend research proposals for funding.
- Support members pursing research that is beneficial to ICIFA, its members and the finance and investment profession.
- To advise on CIFA examination and to develop training accreditation standards in collaboration with kasneb.
- Oversee the issuance of the ICIFA Investment Review Journal.1. Advise the Council on development of investment reporting standards for mandatory application in Kenya.
Regulations, Standards, and Research Committee Members
|FA Anthony Mwithiga||Chairman|
|FA Geoffrey Odundo||Member|
|FA Elizabeth Irungu||Member|
|FA Margaret Kibera||Member|
|FA Peter Onyango||Member|
|FA Anthony Murimi||Member|
|FFA Dr. George Wakah||Chairperson|
|FFA Leah Kagumba||Member|
|FFA Dr. Duncan Elly Ochieng’||Member|
|FA Einstein Kihanda||Member|
|FA Judith Nyakawa||Member|
|FA Prof. George Muthaa||Deputy Principal, Turkana University|