- Initiate proactive thought leadership by developing and disseminating position
papers on regular basis.
- Review and recommend appropriate organizational structure, staffing and terms
of service in order to attract, and retain human talent for achievement of ICIFA
long term plans.
- Engage with key stakeholders and regulators to promote the Institute’s mandate.
- Enhance participation in forums on governance and accountability in the Kenyan
- Promptly address national and county governance and accountability issues and
- Coordinate development, implementation and monitoring of the Institute’s
- Consider and recommend to the Council strategies for ensuring financial
sustainability of the Institute.
- Coordinating and managing administrative matters of the Institute.
- Develop and manage Institute Investment policy and its implementation.
- To consider the Institute’s annual budget and to recommend to the Council
- Monitor the Institute’s performance and present quarterly performance
reports to Council with appropriate recommendations.
- Follow up recommendations from both Internal and external audit.
- To review the draft audited financial statements and make recommendations.
- To promote research in the subject of investments and financial and related
matters, and the publication of books, periodicals, journals and articles in
connection therewith; (as per the Act)
- Coordinate development and implementation of ICIFA education and research policy.
- Encourage pursuit of research interests among members of the Institute.
- Identify and collaborate with research institutions for furtherance of Institute’s
- Develop and recommend research proposals for funding.
- Support members pursing research that is beneficial to ICIFA, its members and
the finance and investment profession.
- Promote linkages with training institutions.
- To oversee the adoption and implementation of the International Education Standards (IESs).
- To produce the Financial Analysts Journal.
- Liaison with the examinations board (kasneb) in accreditation of training institutions.
- Periodic review on CIFA syllabus.
- To undertake a membership needs assessment and recommend to the Council for
- Coordinate development and implementation of ICIFA training policy.
- To oversee the implementation of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
policies and guidelines.
- To develop marketing and member recruitment and retention plans and strategies.
- To coordinate continual improvement in quality service provision to members
including evaluation of member satisfaction levels.
- To profile and evaluate needy students with interest in the finance profession
for award of scholarship.
- To develop and implement student mentorship program and advise Council on the
- Administer the annual fit and proper membership integrity test.
- To monitor on Council’s behalf the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and
controls in line with statutory provisions, policies and by laws.
- Review effectiveness of the processes of corporate governance and affiliations
with other bodies.
- Advice and make recommendations on the Institute’s internal control system for
efficiency and review management’s adherence to the internal control systems.
- Continuously review the scope, results and effectiveness of internal & external
- Assess and ensure effectiveness of processes in place for preparation
and audit of the annual financial statements.
- Review effectiveness of internal control and risk management systems.
- To monitor, recommend and provide advice to the Council on the Integrity of
the Financial Statements of the Institute, including its annual and quarterly reports,
preliminary results announcements relating to its financial performance or other
financial information to be made public.
- Advice the Council on the terms of engagement and remuneration with the external
- To oversee the selection process for a new external auditor and, if the external
auditor resigns, to investigate the reasons for the resignation and decide on any
action to be taken.
- To assess at least annually the auditor’s qualifications, experience and resources
and the effectiveness of the audit process which shall include a report from the
external auditor on its own internal quality procedures to monitor the external
auditor’s compliance with applicable legislation and guidance on the rotation of audit
- To review and discuss the audited financial statements with the Institute’s
Secretariat; Finance and Strategy Committee and with the external auditor and
to address any issues which arose during the audit.
- Monitor the Institute’s compliance with external legislation and policies.
- Monitor implementation on internal and external audit.
- Advise Council on development of financial analysis standards for mandatory
application in Kenya.
- Coordinate ICIFA’s participation in standard setting process with stakeholders
for investment and financial analysts.
- Oversee development of technical guidelines, templates and frameworks on
application of professional investment and financial standards
- To discuss investment and financial related matters in Kenya and to avail
necessary expertise in the formulation of policies
- To promote good investment and financial practices with a particular focus on
public interest entities.
- Ensure members comply with code of conduct and ethics by members.
- Review compliance with the Act, Code of Conduct and Ethics, By-Laws
and professional standards.
- To advise regulators on matters related to investment and financial professional
- To be an advisor through the Council to the government on matters on investment
and finance policies.
- To advise and keep the Council updated on new standards that arise in the Kenyan