News & Notices
EXPRESSION TO SERVE IN COMMITTEES OF THE COUNCIL, 2017-2018
By:Admin ICIFA 2017-08-31
The Council of the Institute during its meeting held on Thursday August 31, 2017 reconstituted its Committees as listed below:
- Governance Committee
- Finance, Strategy and Administration Committee
- Membership Services Committee
- Professional Standards Committee
- Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Education and Research Committee
Members who are qualified and interested in serving in any of the above six (6) Committees, including current serving members, are requested to submit their application for consideration by the Council. Kindly find the attached Specific Terms of Reference for each of the Committees.
The following are some of the administrative guidelines formulated by the Council in reconstituting its Committees:-
1) Every ICIFA member shall be eligible for appointment to the Committees of the Council, unless s/he:
- Has not fully paid subscriptions or any other Institute’s fees relating to any period of time.
- Has a pending disciplinary case at the Institute.
2) A member can only serve in one Committee.
3) Members not attending 3 meetings of the Committee consecutively will be excluded from the Committee.
4) The performance of Council and Committee members in terms of attendance of meetings will form part of the Annual Report to members of the Institute for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as part of the Institute governance reporting.
5) Each Committee shall have a maximum of eight (8) members and will meet quarterly though additional special meetings may be convened as may be deemed necessary.
Interested members are requested to fill in the attached expression of interest form and send back to the Institute via firstname.lastname@example.org in word version by latest Friday 8, September 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Applications received after the indicated time will not be considered.
Serving Committee members are encouraged to apply.
Please click on this link to download Terms of Reference of Commitees http://www.icifa.co.ke/downloads/downloadfile/data/COMMITTEES%20OF%20THE%20COUNCIL%20TOR.pdf
Please click on this link to download expression of interest form http://www.icifa.co.ke/downloads/downloadfile/data/ICIFA%20expression_of_interest_form-committees-2017-2018.doc
FA Anthony Kimani